Mining Technology | Just north of Australia, the island split into Papua and Papua New Guinea is famously underexplored, though over the years inroads have been made and tantalising glimmers of hidden mineral wealth have been quickly followed by some of the world’s biggest miners. Scarlett Evans look at the state of mining in the area, and just what the future holds.
- PNG governor says legal action is on the cards if Frieda Mine gets green light, in current form
- This Is What Happens When the Extraction Industry Gets Its Way
- Plan for largest mine in Papua New Guinea history ‘appears to disregard human rights’, UN says
- UN Raises Human Rights Concerns Over Proposed Mine in PNG
- UN human rights experts write to governments over PNG’s Frieda Mine