Jubilee Australia and Project Sepik released ‘The River is Not Ours’ report in June 2019 about PanAust’s proposed Frieda River Mine project in Papua New Guinea’s Sepik region. The report is an investigation of the project’s environmental and social impacts and the views of local communities regarding the mine.
- PNG governor says legal action is on the cards if Frieda Mine gets green light, in current form
- This Is What Happens When the Extraction Industry Gets Its Way
- Plan for largest mine in Papua New Guinea history ‘appears to disregard human rights’, UN says
- UN Raises Human Rights Concerns Over Proposed Mine in PNG
- UN human rights experts write to governments over PNG’s Frieda Mine