Customary clan leaders of Haus Tambarans in Papua New Guinea have issued an historic Declaration to the PNG government. The Supreme Sukundimi Declaration calls for a complete ban on the proposed Frieda River mine, which would be the largest mine in PNG history.
- PNG governor says legal action is on the cards if Frieda Mine gets green light, in current form
- This Is What Happens When the Extraction Industry Gets Its Way
- Plan for largest mine in Papua New Guinea history ‘appears to disregard human rights’, UN says
- UN Raises Human Rights Concerns Over Proposed Mine in PNG
- UN human rights experts write to governments over PNG’s Frieda Mine